Old Village Bitombang
Toa Bitombang Old Village is one of the oldest villages in Indonesia. The village is unique because of the natural topography with bumpy surface. The house on stilts in the village and the topography makes the houses should have 12 – 13 meters poles to refute the back of the house (kitchen) and lower poles in front of the house.
There are around 6 houses that have the same shape with 12 – 13 meters poles high. The local people called it “Sapo”. And the householder of the houses is hereditary families. The houses are around 100 years aged. The living person in the house has the same age as the house. They were there when the houses were built for the very first time.
To get to the village, you should ride a motorbike or drive a car through the north from the capital city and it is about 7 km’s and takes about 30 minutes.
- Go to Malengkeri Bus Station (Terminal Malengkeri)
- Take a bus (Aneka, Sumber Mas Murni) and leave the bus station once a day every 9 AM
- The Bus will directly take you to the last stop in Benteng city, Selayar
From benteng to the village about 7 km’s and you can hire or rent bike (OJEK) to get there
- Airport Taxi from Airport to Malengkeri Bus Station IDR. 125.000,-
- Bus from Makassar to Selayar IDR. 100.000 (Including Ferry cost)
- OJEK (Bike) IDR. 50.000
- Guest House near the city around IDR. 100.000 – IDR. 150.000
- You can visit Café Tempat Biasa where many divers and other travelers spend their night there (Free Wifi) and there is a guest house right beside the Cafe